TopicHow to solve Norton Live Update Error 8920, 223 Dell?
Steps to resolve Norton error 8920, 223 on Dell
- Check the Date
- You may need to check the virus definition date based on the Norton product, follow the different steps.
- For Norton 360: go to the security and search for Run live update option, select the time next to the definition updated
- For Norton Security: You may find the option under you are protected section and select the time next to Protection updates
- For Norton Antivirus or Norton Internet Security: You may find this option under Live update and select the time next to the last update
- Check the update time, if it is less than 24 hours, then wait for the next 24 hours to complete and run the Live update again. If time is more than one day then go to the next step.
- Manually Update
- For a manual update of the virus signature, visit the link http://www.symantec.com/security_response/definitions/download/detail.jsp?gid=n95.
- This is an intelligent updater download link where you can find the latest versions of Norton antivirus signatures.
- Check the operating system version and download the respective file. For Windows 8/7/Vista/XP – 32 bit versions, filename start with year and ends with extension v5i32.exe
- Download and install the file on your system and follow the guidelines to complete the process.